This high end customized Strategic Conversations Executive Program is for you if you are a talented key decision makers who wants to reach new levels of leadership excellence. You can become the expert alchemist that makes the dialogue circle powerful.
Yes, you can make magic happen! Experience conversations flowing easily, conflicts being resolved or dissolved, and the creation of a whole new level of engagement, connection, and innovation happening in front of your eyes.
Have you ever experienced any of these negative patterns?
- Too much valuable time spent fixing misunderstandings and conflicts.
- Conversations where words are thrown around but nobody listens.
- Long ineffective meetings that don't lead to action.
- Bogged down or failed change efforts.
The easiest way to douse the fires of conflict, and build together an agile and innovative organization is by leading through conversations. Let the dialogue circle work its magic and make you shine by creating collaboration and connection for outstanding results.
In the new business environment, results are not achieved through command, authority and control. Instead, an entirely new approach to leadership is required. Today your leadership needs to be grounded in strong relationships, conscious influence, keen perception, comfort with risk taking, and facilitation of conversations. All of these become easier if you understand how to control the chemical cocktails that brains mix while in conversation.
The Strategic Conversations Executive Program effectively helps you and your organization work together and accelerate results in the face of emerging business challenges--with the magic of the perfect brain cocktail!
No matter if you are . . .
- A new executive just moved to a senior position;
- A seasoned senior leader faced with new challenges; or
- A leader of a team mired in perpetual conflicts which affects their performance,
you need effective communication skills. The risks you face in forging new relationships, dealing with conflict and change, and finding ways to have more influence are extraordinary opportunities for personal growth.
You need to learn the skills that will make you successful in today’s cutting edge business environment. You will then be more effective working globally, connecting with investors, working with your boards of directors, or with your peers. Learning how to leave negative patterns behind and move from conversations that miss the mark to powerful transformative conversations that trigger productivity, innovation, and engagement is to your ticket to a successful future. Your personal challenges coupled with the rapid pace of shifts in the global landscape makes it imperative for you to choose the Strategic Conversations Executive Program as an essential part of your development process. You can become a forward thinking leader for the 21st century!
I know you are tired of struggling and want to achieve top success in the shortest time possible. You have tried on your own to turn the tide of problems and misunderstandings but are tired of seeing your initiatives failing time and again. You feel drained and stressed instead of energized by challenges and results.
What if you could have the methodologies and frameworks that allowed you to move from conversations that miss the mark to transformative conversations® that trigger growth, innovation and new insights in your organization? Strategic Conversations Executive Program offers a powerful process to
- help you and the leaders you coach become more effective at their jobs.
- provide a map for staying in control in stressful situations, widen your vision, and handle confrontations more easily.
- provide tools for making change easier and more widespread in the organization.
- Develop clearer verbal skills for better understanding and more effective communication.
- Improve specific leadership skills, by learning how to facilitate dialogue. Whether it’s being more assertive, a better coach, converting planning into action, or increasing collaboration skills, it all happens through dialogue.
- Plan and lead sustainable change initiatives effectively by learning how to facilitate the kind of conversations that elicit cooperation with reduced resistance to change. (It's all in knowing how to balance the chemical cocktail in your brain, and in the social brain of the organization)
- Create a viable future for your organization in collaboration with your team.
What are some of the skills that executives need today?
A recent study by the Stanford Business School found that nearly 43% of senior decision makers ranked handling conflict as the highest area in which they need the most personal development. Another recent 2015 study by the American Management Association,"Business Skills That Set High-Performing Organizations Apart,” details the skill sets necessary for C-level executives to raise the bar on company performance. Here is the list:
- Conflict management,
- Influencing others,
- critical thinking,
- problem solving,
- decision making,
- execution, and
If you think about it, all of these skills involve people and communication. Successful senior leadership requires astuteness about others: their emotional and strategic personal drivers; their self-interest, overt and covert. These relationship competencies rest on a foundation of self-knowledge, self-awareness. You can’t know the truth about another without knowing it about yourself. It also requires a higher level of communication effectiveness.
Often the issues facing top leaders reach beyond the individual. They involve the leadership team, their board of directors, or the overall business strategy and context. In those cases, I can not only coach the leader, but also consult with the leadership team, coach individual executives, and help facilitate an ever expanding dialogue that sheds light on the entire system.
The Strategic Conversations Executive Program is designed for you, as a highly talented key decision maker. It is an intensive, customized program based on the latest neuroscientific research and leadership development knowledge. It's created to meet your individual challenges, needs, and goals. It includes a variety of assessment and feedback tools to help you identify your strengths and areas of needed development. It will give you science based tools to understand what goes on inside the human brain while you’re having conversations. You will be able to use this information to create a whole new level of engagement and influence with those you lead.
You will achieve peak performance and gain more influence inside and outside the organization. Learn to lead using the skills that the 21 century and a global economy demand.
If you are ready to show up, own up, and grow up you are in the right place!
Below are some of the results YOU can expect in this program (You can also CLICK HERE to read about the results others have experienced):
- Develop crystal clear verbal skills for better understanding and more effective communication.
- Conquer negative attitudes by developing more positive and effective ones, leading you to more influence and success.
- Develop collaborative skills for conflict resolution and conflict prevention.
- Improve facilitation skills for collaboration and change through dialogue.
- Lead and manage cultural diversity by encouraging and listening to all the voices in your team.
- Effectively plan and lead sustainable change initiatives with reduced resistance to change.
- Manage your energy better by understanding and managing the conversations inside your brain. You will improve your efficiency, reduce your stress level, and optimize results. There's nothing like using the power of your whole brain.
These are just a few of the areas where you can improve your potential.
How do I know I can help you?
I grew up in communist Cuba, where the flow of free conversations was not possible. I remembers a time before Communism took over where people were unafraid to speak their minds. I fondly recall spending many happy evenings, on the porch, listening in on my parents’ conversations with their neighbors about business, politics, religion, love and life in general.
My fascination with conversations began at that time but all of these interactions changed when Communism asserted itself. There were no more conversations on the porch, distrust amongst people grew and free speech became nonexistent. I then valued conversations and the freedom to have them even more.
I left Cuba many years ago, yet today in the “free” world, the scenario in many workplaces is not very different from what I experienced back in Cuba. I have sat in meetings in which everyone (except maybe one person) sits in silence, with eyes downward, afraid to ‘tick off’ that one overbearing person. I have walked into workplaces where there is no buzz of conversations anymore. All you hear is the clicking of keyboards. I have been in meetings where there are only a series of monologues with nobody really listening or engaged, and nobody daring to speak their minds. I have seen leadership teams that are ineffective because they lack effective leadership communication.
Therefore, when I did my PhD in Interdisciplinary Studies, with a concentration in Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Dialogue, and Change, I put all my energies in learning everything I could not only on these subjects, but also on how our neuropsychology affects all of these. Through my work and further continuing trainings I have learned that everything a leader does is very closely tied to the conversations they have.
I am a conversation strategist and change advisor. My mission is to lead a movement of people that connect and help each other be better leaders by having open dialogue in conversations. Thus my individual Strategic Conversations Executive Program and the Mastermind Leadership Conversations group I conduct are centered around leadership communication, to help develop leadership skills for this new millennium.
I’m good at connecting with others and in turn helping people connect with each other. As a Latina, I understand the power of "familia" (family) and supportive relationships. In most organizations, many of the problems that executives face are due to disconnection and silos. I can help you discover how much more you can accomplish through collaboration and connection.
What is included in the Strategic Conversations Executive Program?
The process of this program, which uses a coaching style, helps you define your core challenges, see where you’re starting from, and where you want to go. It doesn't only give you new skills, but supports you in transferring those skills back to your everyday work. It gives you feedback on your progress. It helps you untangle the most challenging issues. It transform your leadership! What follows is a description of how a typical Strategic Conversations Executive Program is designed.
1. Becoming partners. The essence of this program is the forging of a trusted relationship in which we become conversational partners. A dialogue develops, a systematic process of inquiry, discovery, reflection, and learning that helps you get unstuck from your dilemmas. This includes:
- Joining with the leader and finding what are the leader’s challenges.
- Assessing personal and leadership strengths, weaknesses and level of competencies. This includes formal and informal evaluation. Standardized testing as well as interviews with the closest people around the executive.
- Testing and challenging the executive’s ability to own his part of the issue.
- Giving continuous feedback of observations to the leader.
- Establishing a contract.
- Setting measurable goals.
2. Action Planning. It goes beyond understanding of dilemmas. It includes helping you get to action, become unstuck, address challenges, and creating a plan. If includes:
- Going from venting to designing a specific plan.
- Identifying the personal side in the pattern of the situation.
- Addressing systemic issues of organizational and role alignment.
- Planning on how to engage his team in conversation when planning actions, and thus diminishing resistance.
- Deciding how much direct presence of the coach is needed during the leader’s implementation plan.
3. In the moment strategizing. Many executives find this most useful, others shy away from it. It requires the strategist presence at the leader’s place of conducting business activities and interactions. The benefits for increased effectiveness are enormous. This can be done in two different ways:
- group facilitation, when the leader interacts with a group meeting (like for visioning, strategizing, date collecting, planning, deciding, implementing, or evaluating). The strategist offers suggestions along the way, or takes a facilitator role, or stops the meeting at critical times to offer on-the-spot evaluation and feedback or to engage the group in a reflective process. You work equally with everyone.
- coaching of the leader in the group. This is done usually when the leader has already had a significant amount of strategic coaching. Here the leader is coached in real time, to help him realize his goals with the group.
4. Weekly or bi-weekly strategic sessions. This can be done in person or over the phone or other electronic means. Strategic Conversations opens a space for inquiry and reflection. In the busy life of top leadership, it's hard to commit to taking the time to reflect. Yet, only by taking time for inquiry and reflection does learning and growth happen. That’s why this is one of the most important parts of coaching. It includes:
- Evaluating the leader’s effectiveness, strengths, competencies and challenges.
- Celebration of achievements.
- Identification of key recurring patterns the were either successfully broken or that remain ingrained.
- Assessment of the alignment of roles.
- Development of a plan for next steps.
Besides evaluation being an integral part of each strategic session, we'll have specific planned times over the time of the engagement for evaluation of the process. Progress is measured by where the leader is in relation to those goals. Also, by how others see progress being made.
5. Evaluation of gains and ending of the contract. After the agreed upon time comes to an end, it’s time for a broad evaluation of what has been accomplished and what are next steps. Sometimes the time together is enough for the executive to feel confident he can keep growing on his own. Other times, both decide it would be best to extend the time of engagement. There are leaders that feel that, like great athletes, they can benefit from having a long term coach. Someone that brings a perspective that comes from years of knowing the leader, the company and what he needs to do as a senior leader to successfully drive the company forward.
Smart senior decision makers and progressive organizations realize the value of a good strategic program and invest in it. When you factor time saved in ineffective meetings, misunderstandings, conflicts, lack of engagement, and resistance, executives tell me they calculate the ROI in their investment at at least at 150%. If you include the stress and emotional toll it takes away, and the relationships and connections gained, it becomes priceless.
What about you? Are you being successful? Are you going to last in your position? Or are you blind to issues that could derail you? Do you have the skills needed for the future to be excellent at your job?
You can continue to...
- be lonely at the top,
- burn out quickly, and
- be part of the statistics of failure,
OR you can take control of your development and career path and make this Strategic Conversations Executive Program part of your "must have" arsenal.
For over 25 years I have successfully worked with leaders and organizations in different parts of the world, helping them: increase productivity, improve communication between departments, reduce conflict, handle change effectively and massively increase the effectiveness of their teams through the power and the magic of of transformative conversations.
Now, I would like to offer you and your organization the same opportunity. I will be happy to discuss with you how I can help with your particular issues and answer any questions you have. I will make sure you get all the information you need. Just fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Don't wait longer. Send me an email. Take action NOW!
Or, if you prefer, schedule a free one-on-one half hour exploratory strategic conversation where we will evaluate your challenges and needs. During this session we will explore:
- your present biggest challenges and gain clarity on what you could do about them.
- hidden challenges that may be sabotaging your success with leadership and team building.
- Your readiness for emerging leadership challenges.
You will leave the session energized and ready for bigger success.
To claim this special exploratory conversation schedule a 30 minutes session in my calendar. I look forward to speaking with you!
You can also call us at +1 (302)399-3915