Leading through conversations: 12 weeks coaching intensive program
Harness the power of Transformative Conversations®
to improve your performance as a senior leader
Leading Through Conversations is a practical coaching intensive program for senior executives (eg. Executive team leaders, CEO's, VIP's division leaders, leaders of change, or small business owners) who are tired of loosing money due to unproductive meetings, conflicts, misunderstandings, lack of motivation, and low engagement and productivity. This is for you if you want to increase your mastery of communication tools, your influence, and to foster more productive dialogue in meetings and other interactions. It's Intended to develop dialogue skills.
Do you want to…
- Make your meetings more productive and meaningful, dealing with the real issues?
- Keep discussions on track and channel differences of opinion constructively?
- Get your point across more persuasively without people misunderstanding you?
- Get people to speak up in meetings, think together, and share ideas more openly?
- Challenge other’s views respectfully in ways that don’t deteriorate into argument?
- Have conversations that bring engagement and results?
- Replace dead-end debate and argument with more skillful discussion and dialogue?
- Transform your workplace by creating a conversational culture where people feel safe to raise hard issues and to bring innovative ideas to the front?
Leading through Conversations…
The essential actions leaders take happen almost entirely through conversations. Conversations are every leader’s business. They are at the core of what leaders do. Words have power. You need to master the power of conversations.
This 12 weeks conversation coaching intensive is for you if you are. . .
- building a business,
- leading change,
- part of an executive team,
- dealing with difficult discussions,
- revitalizing a team,
- coping constructively with complaints, or
- creating an exceptional innovative climate,
In fact, leadership is really ‘a stream of conversations.’ Think of all the leadership tasks you achieve through conversations. There’s change conversations, goal-setting and problem-solving conversations, planning and coaching conversations, to name a few – not forgetting those ever-present and often troublesome difficult conversations.
Through conversations, we connect with others, inspire, influence, energize, motivate and set the emotional climate to build positive working relationships. Conversations are simply too important for leaders to ignore. The caliber of conversations you have is a telling indicator of team culture, leadership climate and change success, and a key element for the effective functioning of any team. Ultimately, it’s conversations that determine the performance culture of your workplace.
A Profile of the Program
As a leader, you’re the role model for the way conversations happen in your place. Your ability to conduct more skillful conversations is really an indispensable leadership tool!
This 12-weeks conversation coaching intensive program helps you master essential skills for more constructive conversations and the art of powerful dialogue. It gives you a useful set of foundation tools to get your conversations out of unproductive debate/argument mode and steer them toward more constructive dialogues.
Who enrolls in this coaching intensive?
This intensive program can benefit you as a leader (eg. senior executives, executive team leaders, CEO's, CFO's VIP's, division leaders, human resources directors, or those that want to have "a seat at the table"). If you want to increase your personal mastery of communication tools and work on ways to foster more productive conversations in meetings and other interactions – either at work or in the broader community–this program is for you!.
If you are in HR, this coaching intensive also has the advantage of fulfilling the requirements for 12 PDCs in any of the following competencies: Leadership, Communication, HR Expertise (HR Knowledge). As an HR professional you can use our Conversational Coaching Intensive to hone your communication skills, while at the same time you receive credits. A win-win!
What Will I Learn?
When you dig down into what you do as a leader day-in and day-out, you spend a lot of time having conversations. They’re the major forum where you build relationships, solve problems, make decisions, take action and learn together – but most leaders never stop to think how they might become better at them. Knowing when and how to use different conversational tools is a vital but neglected element for personal mastery, inspirational leadership and business success.
Leading Through Conversations offers an exceptional opportunity to improve the quality of your conversation skills. You can widen the range of tools you can utilize in all sorts of settings – one-on-one, group meetings and problem-solving sessions, to mention a few. It will help you to:
- Diagnose your communication style and how well it’s working for you.
- Observe and interpret more accurately what’s going on in dialogues and meetings.
- Move from debate to dialogue.
- Develop the capacity to structure conversations and lead other people through them.
- Practice and apply new conversation skills in real life situations.
- Raise the level of frank, open interchange of views and perspectives between people.
- Learn how to structure transformative conversations and skillful dialogue, leading other people through it.
- Practice new conversation skills and tools.
You will also receive an electronic copy of my book: Transformative Conversations: The heart of the leadership journey.
What to Expect at a Conversational Coaching Intensive Program
When you’re at work, you seldom get a safe environment to practice in. In work conversations, you’re under pressure ‘playing the game’ – there’s no time to reflect, it’s too risky to try out a new tool or approach and you rarely get feedback about your conversational behavior. In order to give you the level of support you deserve, I keep this coaching program very small: Only 20 participants. In this way you can be sure to receive a level of individual care that most online programs don't offer. At our conversational coaching intensive we:
- Take a tool-kit based approach: Equip you with a set of simple, effective and easy-to-learn tools.
- Provide practice in a safe environment: Part of the appeal of our intensive program is you get to practice in a safe, small group environment to develop new strategies for managing your conversations in a more mindful and effective manner. We will have weekly group coaching calls where you can take "the hot seat" or learn by listening Dr. Ada coach another leader that might have similar issues to you. The "hot seat" is very coveted and is given on a "first come first serve basis." Each week you will have an opportunity to state your desire to participate. We will also have a totally private FB group, where you can also ask questions and share your insights with others.
- Come with a wise guide to support your ongoing learning. You can also choose to have extra ongoing support (individual or group coaching) during or after the intensive as you continue to make changes.
- Focus on practicing the tools with real life issues: We think people learn best through doing – so the focus of our intensive is on giving you the tools to practice and building your confidence to use the tools back at your daily work.
- Deal with real-life conversational challenges: We address the real conversational challenges you face, adapting the content of each coaching call to cover major areas of need or interest for you and the group.
- Individualized follow up option: Based on your individual needs, you can opt in for a 6 month group or private individualized follow up coaching program, or become part of a mastermind group. This will increase your capacity to lead through conversations and will help you develop your weaker areas. You will have guidance and support as you integrate the knowledge gained into your everyday leadership challenges.
The Twelve Week Program
Weeks 1-6: Diagnoses your conversational strengths and challenges and introduces a framework for moving from debate to dialogue. You will start learning and practicing the 9 skills of constructive conversations.
- Introduction: The conversational nature of leadership
- Diagnostic: Your conversational strengths and challenges (based on your test scores). Setting conversational coaching improvement goals
- Coaching session: how strengths and challenges affect your leadership
- Leading through conversations: The basic 9 conversational skills and how they impact your talk
- Authenticity. Getting in touch with your inner voice
- How discarding masks improves engagement
- Coaching session: story-telling and story-listening
- Introducing the first skill set: Slowing down. Pause, suspend, and listen
- Why reflexion is vital for change and innovation.
- How slowing down helps to move faster, and how to open up individual and corporate time for it
- Coaching session: inner dialogue, silence, and reflection
- Assumption making: ladder of inference, and biases
- Listening levels and tips
- How checking assumptions and listening can shorten your meetings, facilitate collaboration, and ensure money and time are not wasted. Big ROI!
- Coaching session: assumptions and listening
- From debate to dialogue: distinguishing differences, usefulness, and relationship to effective meetings
- The second skill set: Moving forward. Inquiry, advocacy, and an open mind
- Powerful questions, discovery and learning
- Coaching session: How to craft questions and how questions influence outcomes
- Sharing what you have to say cleanly and clearly
- How to avoid confusion, misunderstandings, and create trust.
- How an open mind leads to innovation and collaboration
- Coaching session: Challenges with implementation
Weeks 7-12: Continues to explore the 9 skills with more tools and practice opportunities. Teaches you how to apply your learning to specific issues in the workplace.
- The power of dialogue
- How to connect with peers and others in 2nd position
- What conversational roles do you play?
- What is a dialogue circle and what elements should be present. Try conducting one at work
- Coaching session: Wins and challenges conducting a dialogue circle
- Raising hard issues without raising defensiveness
- Managing negative emotions
- How your heart influences your conversations positively or negatively
- How face to face conversations help elicit empathy and compassion.
- How to navigate conversations in the electronic world
- Coaching session: Challenges with listening to your heart and with electronic interactions.
- The third skill set: Go! Build, embrace, and transform.
- How trust, respect, and competence raises the level of openness and disclosure
- How to build trust and respect through dialogue
- Coaching session: Dealing with difficult moments
- Conversational coaching scorecard
- Creating a conversational work culture: how embracing mutuality, honesty, and joy invites engagement
- Coaching session: Practicing conversations using the scorecard. Individualizing your scorecard
- Evolving into a conversational leader
- How your personality influences the kind of conversations that are harder for you.
- How dialogue connects and gives you an advantage in the new business climate
- Coaching session: Transforming into the future
- How to create the best environment for dialogue
- Creating your leadership future
- Coaching session: Final circle of reflection and follow up options.
You can also ask Dr. Ada how to bring this program to your organization or you can attend in person a two day intensive offered at different times and places.
For this online program, you only have to enroll right now and we will start rolling out the program on May 5, 2017. You will receive further instructions as soon as you enroll here below!
Only 20 spots available so reserve yours now!
Take advantage of this one time super-special price because it's the first time this conversational coaching Intensive is offered online.
This 12 weeks conversational coaching intensive will begin
May 5, 2017